Saturday, June 03, 2006

growth, change, and side notes

This past year has gone by so quickly. I didn't think that I changed much, but in comparison to last year, a lot has happened to affect who I am.

Tonight was the CIS Interclub Banquet. At last year's banquet, the only other CIS person I knew that was there was Jay (Ballesteros). This year, I knew practically all of the MISSA people and some SWIFT, faculty, and alumni. My network has definitely grown in the last year.

Side note: I really don't like speaking in front of people, especially if I don't have a speech prepared (which reminds me that I need to work on a welcome for P-Grad).

I definitely think I'm more social and open-minded than last year; I still have a long way to go, though.

I've learned a lot: from corporate cultures to Filipino culture; improving performance on the stage and on the court; what I want from myself and what I want from other people.

I need to be less passive. And, as aforementioned in a previous blog, I also need to regain my punctuality.

I feel freer to be myself. I can talk in a British accent, say a corny joke, or sing my heart out in front of other people now. I can admit my uncertainties to a room full of people. I can say what's on my mind more often.

I need to remember to think before I speak more often, though.

Another side note: With some people, the more you get to know them, the more you like them. Sadly, with others, the more you get to know them, the less you like them.

My circle of friends has evolved quite a bit, as well. When pNotes went karaoke-ing, the girls sang "Wannabe" by the Spice Girls.
If you wanna be my lover, you gotta get with my friends,
Make it last forever friendship never ends
Something I realized: I don't consider any of the girls I was friends with at the time that that song came out (essentially, TABEN) to still be close friends. I rarely even talk to them. lol. I'm so retarded. TABEN and NAMAN. How do we come up with these names?

Some friendships from high school still remain. I must acknowledge Khaing at this time for her efforts in trying to keep us together. Thanks, also, to the PCN goers. Maybe it'll become a tradition?

I still have a lot of thinking and reflecting to do, but now I must work on my welcome...