Thursday, December 01, 2005

LCUK!

It is a night of luck.

After I posted the previous blog, I remembered that my family got multiple programs from the concert. Infused with a sudden gleam of hope, I ran downstairs and looked through the magazines on the coffee table. Again, I was met with disappointment. The parentals were already sleeping so I thought I would ask them later.

When I got home today, I found my parents in the family room watching the Laker game. My mom asked about my Filipino music presentation, which I had already forgotten about. The question reminded me about my lost notes, so I asked if she still had the program. She told me that she just put it in the recyclable bin last week.

Darn. Oh wait! I didn't put the recyclable bin on the street last Friday! Maybe it's still in there!

So I went to the bin for recyclables and dove in. I searched through piles and piles of paper until I found program. Bursting with hopeful thoughts, I opened the magazine. I saw that I was already on the page for the concert I went to. Once again, nothing.

Defeated, I went back into the house. My mom mentioned something about my sister's program.

That's right! She had one, too, didn't she?!?!

I ran up the stairs to her room where my sister was sleeping. I ruffled through the tons of paper on her desk.

Not in this pile... Not in that pile... OMG!

I found yet another program. This was my last thread of hope. Anticipation. Anxiety. Hope. I could not believe that my heart was beating so fast just over a piece of paper.

I opened it. Flipped to the page for the concert on October 14.

There it was: the unfolded envelope with my notes scrawled in pencil over the words "Erin; For Concert Tickets." There were the barely legible loops and swirls I drew over a month ago.

Triumphantly, I advanced down the stairs. With arms stretched out above my head I showed my findings to my parents.

"Wow, you're one lucky girl."

Indeed, I am.

I proceeded to watch the rest of the Laker game with my parents. Drama. Lakers games are a rollercoaster ride. I was sure they would lose. But alas, the non-Kobe Lakers finally stepped up. Though the refs were definitely not on their side, luck was. Congrats to the Lakers on getting their record up to 5-8. (Remember when they actually had winning streaks? ::sigh:: Those were the days.)

Anyhoo. I am a happy one. I found my notes, but now that means I have no more excuses for procrastination. One more class tomorrow and then it's all finals.