Thursday, February 22, 2007

fortune

Aside from a business magazine that I'm currently subscribing to for free (thanks, BGS!), "fortune" is a word commonly followed by "cookie."

Since I've been getting a lot that seem to relate to me rather frequently, I plan to make a fortune cookie book. It'll be like a scrapbook, but probably just have the fortune at the top of the page followed by a reflection. Okay, so that's more of a journal, but whatever.

Fortunes I've received:
  • If you want something, you must earn it.
  • You are the life of any party. (I actually ended up giving that one to Russell.)
  • Time, once lost, can never be regained. (The fortune that got me to start this project.)
  • You will exceed even your own expectations.
  • You will travel far and wide.
  • You will always be surrounded by true friends. (riiight.)
  • Opportunities abound to enhance your career. Choose wisely. (This one's old but totally relevant right now!)
  • Speak less of your plans--you will get more of them done. (Definitely useful right now.)
  • There is yet time enough for you to take a different path. (Very useful last year.)
  • Your dearest wish will come true.
  • You will be fortunate in everything you put your hands on.
  • You savor the challenge of satisfying your high goals. (Is that really a fortune?)
  • You will soon have the opportunity to improve your finances.
  • A friend will soon bring you a gift. (Received 2/14/07)
  • A friend will be important to you and your forthcoming success.
  • You have an accurate and professional mind.
  • Use your natural talents to obtain more.
Wow. I didn't realize how many I had.

In light of fortunate things, I leave you with "Fortunate Circumstance" by Lythium.