My 2nd cousin, Officer Abram Yap of the Long Beach PD, was shot in the jaw this past Friday by a guy named Oscar Manuel Gallegos who is still on the loose. My cousin is still in critical condition...It's weird. It always happens... You always see it on TV but never think it could happen to you or someone you know.
I'm not the most religious person, but please pray for him, his family, and the other officer and his family.
For more details, read about it in the Press-Telegram.
Long Beach Police Chief Anthony Batt discusses the conditions of Officer Abe Yap and rookie Officer Roy Wade Jr., shot Friday during a traffic stop at Long Beach Boulevard and Sixth Street.
(Stephen Carr / Press-Telegram)
the bastard who did it...
I didn't even know my cousin was on the police force. (Had I known, I probably would've mentioned it to get out of jury duty last week...) Obviously, we aren't close and I don't remember much about him. (My sister remembers seeing him in her old birthday home videos.) He's almost double my age and about 50 miles from where I live. Regardless, he's family.
It's the holidays. Around this time people always talk about family time. I hadn't been spending much time w/ my family as it is, but then this happens... and then you... I dunno.
You always think that family will be there cuz they're, well, family. You think college is right now, friends are right now. This is the time to be young and have fun. You still gotta remember the family, though...
At the moment in time, I'm still fortunate to have never lost anyone close to me to death. I know many others have, especially within the past year. Even though you don't know what they're going through, though, you still gotta be there for them...
a;kdsfj;alsfdkjf
This is totally throwing off my schedule. I have some Christmas shopping to do...
ALKDSFJLKDSFJKSFDJASKJF!
!

